The “Sangeorgiu de Mures Salt Water Resort”,
renowned for its salt waters and mineral mud, has been known since 1880, when the first salt water pool, supplied from a surface brine spring, was constructed and used.
The first well, with a depth of 864 m, was drilled on May 2, 1912. As usual, the drillers were looking for methane, which in Transilvania has the highest known purity in the world (99,99%), but instead salt water erupted from the depths of the earth. Since then, two more wells were drilled with the depths of 799 m and 951 m.
The exceptional mineralization of the waters, which contain iodine, calcium, magnesium, potassium and nitrates, as well as its high concentration of 135,586 mg/l, endow these waters with real therapeutic healing qualities. The waters have the highest iodine content (11,4 mg/l) in Transilvania, the iodine being the ion of human longevity.
Apollo Wellness Club offers its guests a wide range of relaxation, treatment and body-care services:
- Fresh water and salt water outer swimming pools, with a surface of 2400 sqm.
- Balneotherapy and physiotherapy treatment facilities offered by Apollo Balneo – that provides qualified staff and high-performance equipment for the treatment of a wide range of illnesses.
- Apollo Hotel 4**** and Apollo Hotel 3 ***, with luxury accommodations and international standard services
- A sports ground – Apollo Sport – with football pitches, tennis and basketball courts.
- The Apollo Restaurant- designed in a classical style with modern accents, offers dishes not only from the traditional Romanian cuisine, but also from the international one, served in a pleasant atmosphere.
- A conference hall with the capacity of 200 seats, offers optimal conditions for hosting different types of meetings and professional activities.